Children Dental Care
Regular dental visits are important for you.
By the time children have most of there Baby teeth, they are ready to come with their parents for a dental visit.
The Dental Hygienist will than evaluate if the child is ready for a check-up and a dental cleaning.
Regular visits every 6 month are essential for the maintenance of healthy teeth and gums.
Sometimes especially during Adolescence 4-month intervals are recommended.
The incidence of dental caries and gum inflammation is increased during adolescence, as the demands of rapid grows, emotional situations are in intensified, which leads to frequent eating. Many cariogenic foods are utilized, particularly for between meal use.
A committed goal of maintaining healthy teeth and gums are worth while if you wish to keep
your teeth for a life time and avoid costly and traumatic dental experiences.
To start early in life is a wonderful way to establish good oral habits and build a positive relation ship with dental providers.
What happens during a child visit?
- The Dental Hygienist will examine the teeth for any signs of teeth alignment abnormalities, potential decay that is clinically visible.
- Recommend Pit and Fissure Sealants if necessary.
- Will evaluate oral Hygiene habits that are existing and will show the child how to brush more effectively.
- Some scaling of teeth will be performed gently to remove Tartar and Plaque.
- Polishing will be performed, to remove dental stains and plaque.
- Fluoride gels and rinses are available to complete the appointment.
Treatment is based upon individual need .
We value our patients individual situation and suggest the most appropriate
At Westshore all Insurance claims are submitted to your convenience.
We will help you to get information about your individual coverage.
We follow the suggested fee guide , that has been set by the Ontario Dental Hygienist Association.