Pit and Fissure Sealants
If you child has recently welcomed some new , permanent molar teeth, that is a good time to have them checked to determine weather they would benefit from a Fissure Sealant.
Even though pits and fissures do occur naturally, they can deepen over time, leading to dental caries.
What are Pit and Fissure Sealants?
- A sealants is a thin resin material that is applied to pits and fissures of back teeth.
- Sealants protect bacteria from penetrating chewing surfaces and causing decay over time.
- A Sealants acts as a barrier , protecting the enamel from bacterial plaque in cavity prone areas.
- Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and should have their back teeth sealed as soon as the teeth grow in fully.
- In some cases Adults can be recommended sealants, if the pit and fissures require sealing.
- Applying sealants is a quick, easy and painless procedure. They are painted on and bonded in place.
- Much more affordable solution than the placement of a dental filling.
- Much less traumatic than to drill in a tooth to receive a dental filling.
Fluoride is a natural mineral found in Rocks, Soil, and Water. It is the 13th most abundant element in the Earth’s crust. It appears in natural ground water in varying levels,That why some places have to much and some have none. In Cities the Fluoride content of tap water is often regulated by their local Municipalities
People of all ages are prone to cavities,
- Elderly patients
- Patients with special needs
Fluoride fights cavities
- Fluoride fights cavities by strengthening the Enamel. Our teeth are in constant battle between demineralization and remineralization, through acidic drinks or foods especially sugar containing food items. Fluoride amps up the remineralization process and prevents cavities from occurring.
- Fluoride reverses small cavities. When demineralization outpaces remineralization , a cavity starts. In the early stages a cavity is called an incipient lesion.
These early lesions can be arrested or stopped by professional fluoride treatments and excellent oral-hygiene at home.
In addition to fighting cavities fluoride also reduces tooth sensitivity.
When the consumption hot and cold as well as sweet food become uncomfortable,many Adults opt for professional fluoride treatments to alleviate the discomfort of sensitive teeth.
Professional 5% Fluoride Vanishes applied can also make a dental cleaning much more comfortable for people who suffer from tooth sensitivity.
Treatment is based upon individual need .
We value our patients individual situation and suggest the most appropriate
At Westshore all Insurance claims are submitted to your convenience.
We will help you to get information about your individual coverage.
We follow the suggested fee guide , that has been set by the Ontario Dental Hygienist Association.